Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GW Law Library
Research Guides

Interlibrary Resource Sharing and Document Services at Jacob Burns Law Library

Submitting a request

What is the best catalog to use to search for items I need?

It is best to use  GW Law Library WorldCat:  Once you have located the item you want in WorldCat, click the blue “Request Item through Interlibrary Loan” button to transfer accurate information to the ILL request form.

I am working as an RA for a faculty member. How do I request a book be borrowed for her/him?

Research Assistants for faculty can submit ILL requests for a faculty member only if the faculty member provides the RA with his/her ILL credentials. There is no  ILL proxy service. 

Why did I receive an email indicating I will have to pay copyright fees?

If the library is required by law to request permission and fees are imposed, they are the responsibility of the patron (student). The email will have details regarding your options.